ELSA AND ARAGON
They met on the 28th of november 1928, at night time, in a famous café called "La Coupole" located in the "Surréaliste" Montparnasse. They were one of the most famous couple of writers for more than forty years. Elsa and Aragon shared a common commitment for literature, arts and politics. They traveled together around the world, namely in Russia, Spain, the United States and the USSR. They shared political fights, with the French resistance and used literature as a weapon.
Their works are intertwined and extend one another. Both of them expressed their wish to leave behind them the complementarity of their work and left their mark in the 20th century.
When the couple decided to move to the water-mill of Villeneuve in 1951, they were looking for a place of refuge where they could peacefully write. Together they layed out the park as a vast decor, a fertile ground for inspiration. They hunted for antics to furnish the rooms.
In every room, we can find the inspiration for their writings, the genuine character that makes of this residence a place of history and emotion.
The park and the exhibitions are open to individuals every day from 14:00 to 18:00.
Commented visits of the appartment museum are held on saturdays, sundays and public holidays from 14:00 to 18:00.
On weekdays, one guided tour at 16:00.
Annual closing to individuals from December 3rd. to February 1st.
FARES AND INFOS
Moulin de Villeneuve
Rue de Villeneuve
(+33) 1 30 41 20 15
© 2019 MAISON ELSA TRIOLET - ARAGON - Legal Mentions
SEASON 2019 BROCHURE